NFCGate appNFCGate is System tool that is open source under the Apache-2.0 license.
NFCGate is an Android application meant to capture, analyze, or modify NFC traffic. It can be used as a researching tool to reverse engineer protocols or assess the security of protocols against traffic modifications.
- On-device capture: Captures NFC traffic sent and received by other applications running on the device.
- Relay: Relays NFC traffic between two devices. One device operates as a "reader" reading an NFC tag, the other device emulates an NFC tag using the Host Card Emulation (HCE).
- Replay: Replays previously captured NFC traffic in either "reader" or "tag" mode.
- Clone: Clones the initial tag information (e.g. ID).
- pcapng export of captured NFC traffic, readable by Wireshark.
Requirements for specific modes:
- NFC support
- Android 4.4+ (API level 19+)
- Xposed: On-device capture, relay tag mode, replay tag mode, clone mode.
- ARMv8-A, ARMv7: Relay tag mode, replay tag mode, clone mode.
- HCE: Relay tag mode, replay tag mode, clone mode.
NFCGate provides an in-app status check. For further notes on compatibility see the compatibility document.