Mindful Notifier appMindful Notifier is Sports & Health tool that is open source under the GPL-3.0-only license. Mindful Notifier is a simple mindfulness-based app which displays a
notification reminder at user-configurable intervals. It is another
take on a 'Mindfulness Bell', with the addition of accompanying text
to provide added context to the mindfulness reminder.
The reminders are taken from a configurable list, and are chosen
at random at each interval. The reminder interval can either
be periodic (in intervals aligned to the top of the hour, down
to a 15 minute granularity) or random (between a selected range
Some default reminders are provided as examples. You can add,
edit, or remove these default reminders as you like.
There are 5 different bells included, and you can also configure
your own custom bell from your phone's local storage.
This app works very well in conjunction with a smartwatch. In
this mode you can also mute the bell to have silent mindfulness
prompts throughout your day.
This app uses the following permissions:
- ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE: Required by the library used to launch the github source code site
- RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED: Required by the underlying alarm service to restart after reboot
- WAKE_LOCK: Required by the underlying alarm service to wake up at the scheduled time
- USE_FULL_SCREEN_INTENT: Required to show app in foreground from the reminder notification
- VIBRATE: Required to vibrate during notifications
- READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Required for backup. Permission is requested upon first use.
- WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Required for backup. Permission is requested upon first use.